Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes, Twitter and Tirades

Good Morning!
We took the boys out to the Mall last night for some Chik-Fil-a and to watch the Pole Vault Event. First, let me compliment the Relays for getting this event going again at the mall. I don't know how the athletes feel about it but I thought the atmosphere was great!
i thought they'd get a kick out of it and they did...but Will wanted to ride the elevator more than he wanted to watch the Pole Vaulting...eventually he got too squirmy and we had to go. JT liked the Pole Vault a lot more than his brother. I left the Mall carrying him while he screamed, "Daaaaaaddddyyyy...I Want the Poooooollllleeeeeee, I want the Elevaaaaaaoooooooorrrrrrrr!!!!!"
It was a long ride home, but eventually we got settled in.
The problem was, an even longer night followed. We got to bed at a reasonable hour but at 10, just after we'd both fallen into a deep sleep, the power went out. Our monitor for the boys room starts beeping when it looses power. So we turned everything off, checked that it wasn't just our house, called Mid-American to report the outage and set my phone alarm just in case the power didn't come back on.
At 11:11 JT decided he needed me for something and started screaming. A few minutes together and we worked it out.
12:15 the power came back on...but the clock on the coffee maker needed to be reset and the plug for both our alarms (under the bed) had to be reset too. By about 12:40 I was trying to go back to sleep. I don't think that's what a Dr would recommend for proper rest. Thank goodness G Edwards brought us doughnuts and coffee.

Tornadoes
The historic and deadly string of storms rolled across Alabama and Georgia yesterday and killed nearly 200 people...in fact I bet it will be 200 by the time they get to everyone. Red Cross is taking donations as it usually does. Check their website for more info.

Birther2
Predictably the birthers have moved on. Now they're claiming it was the President's reluctance to show his birth certificate that reveals some critical flaw in his character. Sure...sure it does...
If I were the white House I would ask Every Member of Congress to produce a birth certificate. Most would be able to do it...most would look like the one the President produced yesterday, but I'd love to see one of these guys explain why his/her original was lost/stolen/burned in a fire etc. How do we REALLY know they were born in the US?

Twitter
So I'm working on using Twitter more. This morning I downloaded the twitpics app for iPhone. Hopefully I can figure out how to use it. If you want to pass the word...I'm @PatrickWDix if you'd like to follow.

Hope you have a great day!

No comments: