Sorry it's late, but better late then never.
I'll make it short and sweet.
Tax Day
So that was my tax guy this morning on the news. We've used the same person for a few years giving tax advice so we decided to try someone new. I volunteered my guy...
Also for the record, I said Friday I was going to have to pay taxes for the first time in forever...I was wrong. I went to pick up and sign my taxes Friday and I found out I was actually getting something back...
Tornado outbreak
Hundreds of tornadoes tore through the south and southeast and the stories of when the tornadoes came through town are heartbreaking. Some of these storms were on the ground for 20 miles.
Almost four dozen people died and hundreds more were hurt.
Tulip Time
Meanwhile here in Des Moines the weather turned cold. We wondered right away how that's going to effect tulips in Pella. 16 days till tulip time and the Queen's Court came to visit today. the brought their usual spread of Pella treats. My bet is it will be gone before I hit the newsroom at one PM. Tulip time is Mother's Day Weekend.
TV
We are getting a lesson in why TV can be good and why it can be so evil with kids. After a
particularly bad Sunday we decided to wave the white flag and let the boys watch some Tv while we ate dinner. that was more for us than it was fgor them. The result was a study in why TV may be a bad idea for kids. Look at JT! I had to spoon feed the kid....literally.
I hope you had a relaxing weekend. back with more tomorrow!
PWD
2 comments:
Unless you've ever said (as I have) "Wild Kratts is on then...it's not going to happen." I think you're ok. Sadly...Wild Kratts isn't a cable/satellite station, it's on good old PBS! The only way to avoid it is to keep the TV shut off all morning long (or he'll know how long it is until Wild Kratts!). However, if you keep the TV shut off all morning long (Wild Kratts comes on at 1:30pm, btw) there WILL be hell to pay. :)
LOVE the picture! Son was like that for a while before he started just paying attention for a second before heading off to do something else. :)
There IS hope!
I keep PBS on most of the day, but the son only watches a handful of shows. He gets more preoccupied with building train sets to really watch. But when Swamp Loggers(Discovery) is on, nobody is allowed to bother him. Silly child.
Post a Comment