Tuesday, March 06, 2012

News Conf, Expansion and Wal to Wall

Noon Blogging again and I am told we will be changing things up here at The Morning Buzz. We are going to a new Web Producing platform and so I will be writing this blog in a different place. I am told this should mean little or no change to you.
We'll work through it together.

News Conf
The President decided today would be a good day to hold a news Conference...I wonder why? For people who watch and really enjoy the gamesmanship of Politics...it's a great move. The networks HAVE to cover it. The President has topics like The Economy, Israel and Syria to talk about. He reminds those swing voters he's in charge. At least...that's the idea.

Super Tuesday
I said to a friend this morning, anyone looking for answers out of this Super Tuesday vote is going to be disappointed. We may lose a candidate... If Newt doesn't win his home state...he's probably going to get out. Beyond that...I think there will be more breathless reporting to come on primaries in other states..

Mailbag
Got a nasty email from a guy who feels it's clear I am a shill for the Republicans. He came to this conclusion because we reported the results of polling here in Iowa showing The President is going to have a tough time winning the Hawkeye state no matter who the Republican nominee is. It's the truth...and it's relevant because...you know...we LIVE in Iowa.
This guy argues we should, in the name if good Journalism, withhold that fact from the voting public. The President is wining in the National Polls...that's all we need to say.
I leave you to your own conclusions about the amount of Kool-Aid this guy is drinking. I also reiterate my caution...if you are really paying attention you could make an argument either way...Pinko Commie Liberal...or Heartless Neo-Con. As long as I'm getting emails complaining about both...I know I am doing my job.

Wall to Wall
I will be coming home this afternoon to Wall to Wall carpeting in the Boys "new" room. We are going to move them at some point...they just seem to have NO interest at all in getting out of their cribs. We have their 3 year Doctor appointment this afternoon and I think we might get a gentle nudge toward regular beds. At least we're ready now.

The Key is...
Some of you have encouraged me to write some of the stuff the boys say down...This is one we put in the book moments after it happened. Saturday we had our neighbors over for dinner. their son is Will and JT's age. It's sometimes a little dicey getting the three of them to share toys.
So Sally walked in to wake the boys up from their nap...JT popped up in his crib...looked right at her...pointed his index finger right at her and said, "The key is...I have to share." Key to what? I am not sure...but he is sure...the key is to share and that can't be bad.

1 comment:

curt brown said...

I'm curious to see the new version of the blog. The geek in me is curious as to what CMS or blogging platform will be used, and if it'll be on a dedicated or shared server.

As for people that call you out on your politics based on what is reported by you or anyone else ... seriously, WTF? Do they think you write everything you read off the wire?